Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick or Treat!

Most of you know that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love the costumes, the candy, even the scary movies. However, this year I must say that I am pretty glad to have it all over with. Halloween should be a crazy, fun, ONE day event. This year for some reason it was celebrated all week long. By the time Halloween was here my girls had already dressed up three times. Alison and Rachel were bored of being the same thing, so they manged to dig out new costumes from our dress up box. Whatever makes them happy I guess. So, you will notice that the costumes change by the end of the festivities.

We kicked off Halloween week with our annual pumpkin carving. Here is Rachel showing off the "pumpkin guts--eew gross".

The masterpieces

Wednesday we went to the trunk or treat at the church. There was a huge turnout and as always, lots of food. This is the first time I have ever had BBQ pork, baked beans, and potato salad on Halloween. You've got to love the south!

This picture was taken after the trunk or treat. The girls ended up filling two bowls with candy. Most were giving Hailey extra candy because she was trying to say "trick or treat" and she was just too cute.

Alison at her pre-school party on Thursday

Halloween night. As I already mentioned, Alison was tired of being a princess. She decided that she wanted to be a cheerleader this time. Rachel switched from Cinderella to Sleeping Beauty. We went trick or treating and then went to a party at our friends' house (Chris and Amy Hughes). We had more great food and then sat around chatting and letting the kids run around outside. It was a beautiful evening with great company.
At the end of all of the parties we managed to fill three large bowls of candy. I am going to slowly start throwing it away!

Saturday we were invited out to the Waldroup's house to have one last BBQ this year. I had to take a picture because notice the kids in their short sleeves. 72 degrees on November 1st. This is my kind of fall weather. We had a blast and then were able to go to the church for a baptism. It has been an honor to witness 5 convert baptisms since we moved here. Each time it strengthens my testimony.
Anyway, things are always so busy, but I hope that you all had a fun and safe Halloween!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love the changing of the costumes! Sounds like you had a fun and crazy week! I absolutely love Halloween week, but I have to admit that it's nice when it's over!

Becky said...

Oh the wearing of the costumes so many times! It's fun that you have pictures of each outfit change!!!
The weather here has been amazing! Yesterday it was like 75 degrees. So amazing!
It is so cool to be with the missionaries. At the trunk or treat I got to know a family that just was baptized a week ago. Such an amazing spirit!
Did you and Nate dress up this year?

Jen said...

Such cute costumes. I am envious of all the girls and their cute outfits. We miss you guys. Hope all is well!

Elisa said...

Your girls are SO beautiful! They just look so grown up! We miss you!