Sunday, November 23, 2008

Time Out For Women

I haven't posted in a few weeks because things have been crazy around here, but I wanted to do a quick post about a great event that I attended last weekend. Deseret Book does of tour of LDS artists and authors that do a two day seminar all over the nation. Well, Nashville was the last stop of the fall tour. Last Saturday I went down with 5 others from my ward (we met up with 6 others there) and I have to say that it was AMAZING! There were probably about 1500 women in attendance from all over Kentucky, Indiana, and Tennessee. Some came as far as Texas and Florida. Anyway, it was so great to be spiritually uplifted by both music and spoken word. My favorite speaker was probably Emily Watts. She talked a lot about motherhood, so I could obviously relate. I also loved hearing singer/songwriter Hillary Weeks (see photo below). I was really touched by the entire experience. If you ever get a chance to attend I would highly recommend it!!

This is me with my cute mother in law Rosemary. She was actually kind enough to save us seats. Thanks Rosie. I have no idea why this picture is so blurry.

Me with singer Hillary Weeks. A really sweet person on top of being a great singer!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I need to find out about that for my area. I bet Chicago or something! I am glad you had so much fun!