Sunday, September 28, 2008

So Proud

I had a very proud day on Saturday. First of all, my sweet, 4 year old Alison scored her very first soccer goal. It was seriously so exciting. I wish I could have captured it on camera! :) I was also proud for several reasons later that evening. I am first and foremost proud to be a member of Relief Society. I was very moved by the talks of the broadcast. Surprisingly, it didn't make me homesick. Which leads me to the third reason why I was proud on Saturday-- I am so proud to be part of the Hopkinsville, KY stake. The stake presidency put together an amazing program and meal for us. It was great to get to know lots of new people and feel of their strength and spirit. The dinner was seriously out of this world. They served BBQ chicken with all of the sides and then an entire table full of desserts. It turns out that one of the pastry chefs over at the Opryland Hotel is a member and he prepared the desserts for us--too bad I didn't have my camera with me. Anyway, after the dinner, I was sitting next to a sister in the Stake Relief Society Presidency and I was complimenting her on such a fabulous meal. She said, "Oh honey, you live in the south now--and we know how to cook!" I am proud to consider myself an adopted southerner!

8 comments:

Tanya said...

You're making me hungry!! Isn't it wonderful how no matter where you live you meet amazing people. I love that!

Cheers :)

P.S. Did you recieve your package yet? If not, let me know. Hopefully you did and are happy with the choices. Take Care

Becky said...

Amy,
I love it!!! Women's Conference was amazing!!! I felt the same way, very proud to be a memeber of Relief Society! What a blessing in our lives!
I am so glad that you didn't feel homewick, I have been starting to worry about that for me.
And of course you are a southerner!!! I love it!!
Sorry I haven't chatted lately. I left a message at your house the other day. You know how it is right before you move! We will have to chat again soon!!!
Email me or call me anytime! I want to chat more about Vegas and your plans. I am trying to figure out mine!
love,
Becky (0:
Smile

Becky said...

Oh and tell Alison YEAY from the Ruffs!!!

Melissa said...

Amy,
You're such a name dropper!

I also really loved the broadcast especially Elder Uchtdorf. I always say that GC is my superbowl, but I get it twice a year.

Talk to ya soon.

The Greathouse Family said...

Thanks for finding my blog! It has been a long time! It looks like you have had a wonderful life since VHS. Your family is beautiful! Your girls are so sweet.

Jen said...

Congratulations Allison, that is wonderful. Wish we could have seen it. I know what you mean Amy. Womans Confrence is one night a year that really does energize. I'm so glad that you guys are healthy and happy with your new move. Even though we miss you, we are happy for all that is going on in your lives. Keep up the good work!

Rosemary Craig said...

Yeah! Alison!! Congrats on your goal. I am so proud of you Amy. You are so adaptable. I know you are a great asset to those sisters in Hopkinsville. I have always been proud to be a Southerner and I am glad you are too. You will have to be proud because your daughters are beginning to sound like me!!

Heather said...

Amy, you are so cute. I love that you are doing so well. Congrats to Alison and tell everyone hello.