Sunday, September 21, 2008

BUSY BUSY!

What a week!!! Between our church callings and our kids' schedules we always seem to be running. Here are some highlights of this crazy week!

This was on Wednesday at the 1st grade "lunch bunch". Parents are invited to come and see what the kids are learning and stay for lunch. We sat down across from Rachel's friends. When Nathan sat down a little girl named Ava said, "Wow, are you the President?" Before Nathan could answer Rachel replied, "No, but he IS the bishop". It was pretty cute.

On Thursday Nathan's brother Bryon came into town from Hawaii. It has been a long time since we have seen him (a couple of years we think), so it was fun to have dinner and show him around the town.

Nathan smoked three racks of ribs. They were a hit!! After Bryon and his parents left Nathan's buddy Aaron Castleton flew in from LA and his brother Brent and his family came into town from Florida. All of the guys (Nathan, his dad, Mark, Brent, Bryon, and Aaron) all went golfing on Friday and Mark got tickets to the Ryder Cup in Louisville on Saturday. They guys were in heaven. They were able to see all of the greatest golfers in the world play and they even saw some celebrities (George Bush Sr. and Michael Jordon to name a couple). They didn't allow camaras into the tournament, so I can't post pictures, but I know they will never forget it!!

While Nathan was hanging out with the guys I took the girls to their soccer games. They look pretty cute in their uniforms!

I have decided that soccer is like a part time job! It has been crazy keeping up with both of their schedules this fall. I am hoping that they will want to just stick with dance.

After soccer we drove 2 hours to Nathan's brother Mark's house to hang out with Grandma and the wives and to celebrate Hailey's birthday. I can't believe that my baby is 2! I want to stick her in a little time capsule so that she will always stay this sweet. This is Hailey feeding her new doll that she got for her birthday. I said, "Hailey, what's the baby's name?" She thought for a minute and responded, "baby". Makes sense to me!

Her sisters and her cousins were more than willing to help her with her gifts. If you look closely at Hailey's hair you can see where she gave herself a little haircut.

Notice the tears. I think she was a little intimidated by all of the attention!

Clearly she got over it when she started eating her ice cream cake!

All the cousins getting ready for bed! We look forward to seeing you all at Thanksgiving!! After this picture was taken we drove home (2 hours) , went to bed, Aaron and Bryon flew home, I spoke in church today, and the youth just left our house after a BYD (Bishop's youth discussion). The week has been wonderful, but I am exhausted!! I keep hoping that things are going to slow down, but I am realizing that they never will. I guess it is good to be busy! Seriously, I really can't complain. I feel very blessed.

6 comments:

Becky said...

AMAZING RECAP!!! Amy, I love reading about your family! What a crazy week! I love the pictures and the play by play. I was watching the news about the Ryder cup and thinking about Nate and Aaron. I bet they had an amazing time! And Nate could totally be the president! (0: That is so cute!
Oh, Hailey! 2 years old! Can you believe it? I look at Emma sometimes and think that, too. She is so sweet and loving right now! I sure love it!
Went to the Springville ward today and missed you a lot. We thought we would visit once more time before we moved. We made it through the wedding of the century (the groom threatened that he may not be there). I can't believe there is only 2 1/2 more weeks before we are gone. How did you survive? Call me soon and we will chat!

Katie said...

wow so really think that was a busy week for you. I'm glad we got to hang and catch up! I miss having you so close to me. Even though Ogden and SPringville are forever away from each other at least they were in the same state! I am soooo looking forward to Thanksgiving See you soon

Sarah said...

Busy is good, I agree. And you guys seem to define both! Your family is the best and I am so glad to be in touch! Hope to see you soon!

Heather said...

Cute update and cute pics. I hear from others, too, that soccer is crazy. I think I may shy away from that forever! Amazing the things that go on in Kentucky. :) I'm glad you all are so busy and having so much fun.

Deborah said...

Wow, Amy, how do you survive?? You are SO busy. I especially loved the picture of Hailey with cake on her face. So amazingly precious!! Miss you a ton.

Bryce & Camillia Dougal said...

Your girls are growing so cutely! Hows your new place?