Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall Break

I realized this afternoon that I haven't posted in awhile, so I will give a quick update of the past week. Last weekend, we went to Nathan's hometown of Owensboro for a baby shower that was held for his cousin Jeff and his wife Angie. They are adopting a 2 year old little boy from China and we are SOOOO excited for them. They will hopefully have him by Christmas and we are all so excited to meet him!

This past week was fall break for the kids and we had a great time enjoying the fall weather and doing some fun activities around town. On Tuesday, Rosemary (my mother-in-law) came down and we spent the entire day shopping in Nashville. Let me just say that if you haven't been shopping in Nashville I HIGHLY recommend it! We went to two different malls and they had every store you could ever want. Alison was thrilled because there was even a shop selling gourmet cupcakes with lots of pink frosting. Once she saw the cupcakes, everything else was secondary. As promised, I bought her one for being a "big girl". I don't think any cupcake is worth $3.50, but she seemed to think so. Whatever. Anyway, we had a wonderful time. I am so glad that I have trained my girls to love to shop! Unfortunately, I am sure that it will come back to bite me when they are teenagers!

Wednesday, we joined some friends for a picnic at the park. It was a gorgeous day and the kids had a ball. Here is Hailey enjoying the outdoors.


Alison

Rachel and her friend Camri
The park is called Ruff park, and I just had to take a picture of the sign for my good friend Becky Ruff. So, Becky, this is for you. Of course, Alison started to whine ,"I miss Rachel and Sarah Ruff". We all miss you guys!!

Saturday was my birthday so Nathan and I decided to go out on a date Friday night. We actually hired a sitter and we thoroughly enjoyed a meal at Red Lobster. No mac and cheese in sight! Saturday night Nathan surprised me with bubble bath, candles, and my FAVORITE ice cream (Haagen Dazs pineapple and coconut). It was so sweet. I have a cold, so the bath felt great. We also had our Relief Society super Saturday yesterday, so it was great to relax and unwind after a long day. I think that once you hit 30 birthdays are lame. However, I did love to be pampered. I guess birthdays aren't so bad after all!

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Happy Birthday, Amy! Sounds like you had a good one...
cheers (:

Becky said...

Amy,
I am so glad you did have a good birthday! I thought of you all day! How cool about the adoption! That is so awesome for them!
I love the picture of the park! My girls miss yours, too. I really want to come see you guys in Kentucky! We will look for sure at the schedule and make plans! And we both have to try to get to Vegas!

Nate Craig said...

Amy, the date was awesome!! Thank you for being an incredible wife and mother. My life has exceeded all of my expectations because of you. I love you!!
I think you next post should be about being called up to give your testimony in Stake Conference!!! BOOYEAH!!

Deborah said...

I wish I could have heard your testimony in stake conference!!!! Anyway, Happy B-day. I tried to call you and I have something to send to you, but I can't find your address. Don't worry, eventually I'll get myself in gear! Anyway, I love the pics of the girls. My favorite is the one of Hailey. She's growing up too fast! Love ya!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, Amy! I'm glad you got to go on a date and enjoy yourself. The pics of the girls are darling!