Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Here are a few pictures of us at the Western Kentucky State Fair last weekend. The kids had a blast! They were able to ride a few rides and enjoyed seeing many farm animals at the petting zoo. The big event here in the grandstands was tractor pulling (seriously!). They turn tractors into machines that resemble "monster trucks" and pull sleds that look like they belong on the back of a semi. Nathan said, "You've never seeing tractor pulling??" Um...No. Anyway, I am learning the culture of the area :). It was actually a lot of fun and the funnel cakes were delicious! The day ended with watching fireworks. It was a great day. We hope you all had a fun and safe holiday!










6 comments:

Heather said...

So you can tell Nate that I've never heard of tractor pulling either. Sounds weird. Do people ride on the sled part? And they think that's safe? Hmmm.... I'm glad you all had a fabulous 4th. Sounds like life in KY has been good for you so far. I'm glad!

Becky said...

You have never heard of tractor pulling? I totally have! That is so funny! I have even seen it on espn, tell Nate that, he will laugh!!!
Our 4th was pretty uneventful, family time swimming and playing together and watching the huge Thanksgiving point fireworks from the front lawn.
We miss you guys! Have a super week!
love,
Becky (0:
Smile
PS How did you like the end of the bachelorette?

Katie said...

I hadn't ever heard of tractor pulling either. But I didn't know that hay was rolled up! The girls look like they had a lot of fun. I am so glad you guys are settling in. The house is gorgeous too. Talk to you soon

Jessica said...

HEY! Wow you have never heard of tractor pulling, thats funny! I am glad you guys are having so much fun in KY!! We have a blog and want to add you in! Email me and we can go from there!!
farmgirl225@hotmail.com
Thanks
Jessica Evans

Goodkids said...

Nothing says Happy 4th like a good ol' fashion tractor pull. How exciting. Amy, you guys made top of the list now so I hope you're happy. Hope all the family is doing well.

Andrew Hahn said...

Happy b-day old man! Glad you're eating yourself silly with some good bbq!