Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas memories

The last few weeks have been such a whirlwind and I haven't had much time to post on my blog. Instead of attempting to do a play by play of the last few weeks I wanted to post a bunch of pictures to summarize our first Christmas in Kentucky. It was wonderful, but, phew--it sure felt great to take down the tree!

The girls all dressed up for church the Sunday before Christmas. That's our new artificial tree in the background. I had no idea it would be quite this big (it's nearly 10 feet!). I guess it is a good thing we have high ceilings!

The Craig Christmas party on the 23rd. Here's some of the cousins. Fun times!! That's Nathan's brother Mark and Mamaw Craig in the background.

Christmas Eve on our way out to a party with some friends. It was a beautiful sunset, so we decided to take a picture.



Christmas morning! I love how Alison is eating a chocolate Santa from her stocking at 6:00 am. Who needs breakfast! Notice the cute new jammies from Debbie and Amanda. Thanks guys!

Hailey with her Shrek baby
Is all of this for me??
Alison and Rachel with their new American Girl dolls. We let them open this gift last and they squealed with delight. It was the only thing they asked for this Christmas.

Hailey with her new kitchen set "I cook", she says.

Nathan with some Polo Blue cologne.

This was taken later on Christmas when Nathan's parents came over. This is Hailey's new shopping cart and food to accompany her kitchen set.

Grandma and Grandad also gave the girls clothes for the new dolls



Grandpa sent three boxes from Utah. Thanks Dad! These are pillow pets he sent for each of the girls. They LOVE them!
Anyway, I have more pictures of various parties, etc, but I think this is enough to sum it up. It was a lot of fun. My mom flew here the day after Christmas and will be flying home tomorrow. It has been great to have her here too.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Looks like a beautiful Christmas! Miss you guys!

Heather said...

I'm glad your Christmas was great. I LOVE the dresses the girls wore for church!

Becky said...

Great pictures! I will show them to the girls in the morning! They will love them!
It looks like a really fun Christmas! I am so glad you guys had a great holiday!
Hailey looks so big! She is changing so much! Her hair is so much darker than I remember!
I wish you had posted a picture of something you got for Christmas! You left yourself out (typical mom, huh?!?!)!
And I agree with Heather, the girls dresses are georgeous!!!

Elisa said...

I can't believe how grown up Hailey looks! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! (Love the tree!)