Saturday, August 9, 2008

The city that never sleeps!!

Last weekend Nate and I had the awesome and long awaited opportunity to go to NYC to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Nathan's parents came to our house and watched the girls for four whole days. I don't know if we can thank them enough!! It was so amazing to experience all of the history and excitement of New York City--without kids! Yeah, like I said--AMAZING. Here are some of the highlights of our trip.

This is our fancy hotel. It's a French chain called Sofitel. Great location and a BEAUTIFUL room.



Nathan surprised me and called the hotel ahead of time to let them know that we were celebrating our anniversary. The basket on the bed was filled with bath products.

This restaurant was across the street from our first show (Chicago). It is called The Playwright. Fabulous!!!

That's me standing there looking like a dork. Oh well. I was excited!!

At Chicago. What a great show. Very sassy.

We took a harbor cruise that took us right in front of the Statue of Liberty. It was relaxing and the weather was so beautiful.


Nathan's was thrilled to see the Yankees play in the old stadium.This is the last season here. The new stadium is almost finished (It is across the street).

Great seats too!

Our second show we saw was a matinee of Grease. It was fun and energetic.

Do I need to say more??? We had Heath Toffee crunch cheesecake in this deli called Roxy in Times Square. It was seriously the best cheesecake I have EVER had. Yes--Utah ladies--even better than the Cheesecake Factory!!!

Our final show on Sat. night. We saw Legally Blond and we were so happy that we did! It was our favorite of the three shows. It was funny, modern, and the talent was unbelievable. It was the only show we attended that received a full standing ovation.

What a great trip. We will never forget it!

7 comments:

Nate Craig said...

I wanted the leave the first post on your entry! That was the best vacation I could have hoped for and I loved every minute! Including the Doner Kababs!!

Becky said...

I am so glad you guys had such an awesome time! And it's so great you guys got to get away before all the insanity started back at home!
The pictures are awesome! And I guess I will have to go to NYC myself and test out that cheesecake because I am not sure if I believe you!!!
Happy Anniversary and all that jazz!! I love you guys tons and miss you, too!!!

Goodkids said...

Besides the sacrilege about the Cheesecake Factory, I loved your post! :>) I'm so glad you guys went to N.Y. together. How wonderful! I am a bit disappointed that you didn't post a pic of your eyelashes courtesy of Fiberwig!

Jen said...

10 years is a mile marker. So glad you were able to enjoy it and get some away time. I bet the girls had fun as well. You guys are great together. Keep inspiring us all. Jen

Katie said...

I am so glad you guys had the opportunity to go to NYC! It looks like you guys had so much fun. Nate sure spoils you. You deserve it though. Yes we are coming up for Thanksgiving. I heard we might be doing it at your house. Is that true? We would love to see your house in person.

Heather said...

Amy, what an amazing trip! I'm glad you got to see three shows! That is one of my dreams. I'm glad you liked Legally Blonde. That's the first I've heard anything about it. Happy Anniversary to you both.

Turia said...

What a fun trip. I'm glad you guys got to go without the kiddos.